Identify my turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PatM

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had wattie for 16 tears and embarassing as it is I don't know what kind she is. She eats well and is semi-aquatic, she likes to spend all of the day in the water, and really only comes out at night. I would love for someone to identify her. Thanks all.

Attachments

• img_2675b.jpg
    img_2675b.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 163
  • img_2676b.jpg
    img_2676b.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 63
  • img_2679b.jpg
    img_2679b.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 176
I am fairly embarassed that I have never identified her, but as she grows in age I want to make sure I'm feeding her well, and it seems like different varieties have very specific varied diets. She eats lots of veggies, and aquatic turtle pellets, quite varied.

A very nice turtle! 16 years old too - wow. Sorry I can't help you, but you may try PMing Toirtis.

BTW, do you know what kind the other turtle in the first pic is? I've never seen one with skin that color.

The other one on the left is a wood carving, lol. Wattie like to taunt it though so I like to put her in front of it. Sorry.

:lach: A wood carving, lol! The head sure looks real!
Just goes to show how much I know about turtles.

I have an pretty good idea, but want to be certain....can you post a couple of photos of her plastron, please? And one photo from directly over head would also be useful.

Thanks toirtis, heres some more pics, let me know if you need more.

Attachments

• img_2685b.jpg
    img_2685b.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 73
  • img_2684b.jpg
    img_2684b.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 138
  • img_2683b.jpg
    img_2683b.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom