identify this tetra pics included!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let me try. It was in a tank with columbian tetras and serpae tetras and u thought it was a columbian.

Here are some pics from my iPhone. I'm thinking lemon tetras. One is really showing it's yellow. Theyll be ok right? I have 2 with 4 columbians.

Attachments

• image-340574981.jpg
    image-340574981.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 93
  • image-4021946690.jpg
    image-4021946690.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 81
  • image-992319435.jpg
    image-992319435.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 89
  • image-451397134.jpg
    image-451397134.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 91
The dorsal fin is too long. I've never seen a Lemon Tetra with a dorsal like that. Lemon Tetras will still show some color in their anal and dorsal fins. Even the washed out ones I've seen still show at least some there. More than what this fish is showing.

It seems to look more like a washed out Head-and-Tail Light Tetra. The body shape, dorsal length and the highlight in the tail is more consistent with a H&TL Tetra as well.

Here is a picture of one in good color:
20100326135058.jpg

and another one for comparison:
CRW_9076s.jpg

If not a H&TL, then the only other that I can think of is a Columbian Tetra. But they don't have the highlight I see in the tail here, unless that is just a chance reflection off of its scales. But it still looks more like the fish pictured above to me.

Here is a Columbian Tetra pictured below:
11967_400wh.jpg

White skirt tetra ??? :) it looks like the Colombian tetra above ^^^

Attachments

• image-3213507163.jpg
    image-3213507163.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 73
The dorsal fin is right on the White Skirt, but the shape of the anal fin is wrong and no there are highlights in the tail. Overall they appear to be too light in color with the wrong cast to their body.

Shadowraven said:
The dorsal fin is right on the White Skirt, but the shape of the anal fin is wrong and no there are highlights in the tail. Overall they appear to be too light in color with the wrong cast to their body.

Mystery fish? Lol yeah :)

It was the stripe that made me consider it tbh, well that and it looks purrrdy lol!
Now all I need is a new tank and I could get me some of these bad boys :D

You can get albino anythings, it's a naturally occuring mutation.
Not a scooby doo about yellow in all honesty but I haven't seen any on my extensive google trawl.

Back
Top Bottom