IDK why my 60 gal seems incomplete...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T-Rexx

Aquarium Advice Activist
I don't know what it is... I like my tank, but I feel it needs something else to it. There's a lot in there, but It seems incomplete to me. What do you think? I'd love to get some opinions :fish2:

img_1822107_0_7d6dffd40b142776c3fae82205293b48.jpg

Love your picture and the tank ahah
What fish have you got?

your tank is beautiful, but they are always sorta a work in progress aren't they? never quite complete... its an addiction lol what fish are in there? how big is the tank?

looking at profile i would try geting 3 more black skirts, 4 rummy nose tetra, probably a couple more rainbows, 4 more kuhli loaches ... and this would just get you up to where your fish would be more active and social as most are schoaling fish and need a group of atleast 5 .... then i would go with 8 panda corys or peppered corys which ever you like as they are both very social bottom feeders. and i mean very social i have mine where they eat there shirmp pellets out of my hand and im fairly certain the 2 shirmp you got wont last much longer that why i didnt suggest any

that is the best job i've seen with fake plants. A really dark blue or a black back ground will do wonders. then i would add to the species you have as Snype2live suggested. get the bosemani rainbow a mate. after that a bottom feeder would be good. some type of catfish, pleco or cory catfish. i like the juli cory cats. and some driftwood.

Thanks for all the wonderful advice everyone!!

My tank is a 60 gallon tank. And I have
3 Golden wonder killies
3 Pearl Gouramis (Balloon)
3 Black Skirt Tetra
2 Rummy nose ( I used to have 12 and keep trying to buy more but every time I do they die off for some reason. Except for these two rummys. They're troopers! I think it's because my Ph is 8.2???)
1 Bamboo Shrimp
1 Ghost shrimp
2 (new just got them day before yesterday) Kuhli Loach
2 bumblebee gobi
1 Boesemani Rainbow (also new)
1 honey sunset gourami

I think I got them all. I would LOVE to add some corys I almost got some the other day but I counted how many fish per gallon I had and its at 58 inches/gallons. Ill probably get another rainbow because he's been hanging out with my black skirts. You can tell hes been lonely and needs friends. But I'm at my max right?

Drift wood would be wonderful! I don't know whether I should get more branchy looking wood or a big piece. Opinions? :D

I have gone through 3 different backgrounds all blue because i love the way the blue looks I use the sea clear glue and for some reason it never sticks to the back of the tank and it starts to peel off and bubble. ): Is there a way to fix that? Or a different glue that will stick better?

Real plants in the tank would be AWESOME! I've always admired planted tanks but id need to get different lighting and a co2 system right? Oh and good substrate aaaaaaaand fertilizers n stuff right? I hear they're a lot of work! I wouldn't even know where to begin with plants! lol!

that is the best job i've seen with fake plants. A really dark blue or a black back ground will do wonders. then i would add to the species you have as Snype2live suggested. get the bosemani rainbow a mate. after that a bottom feeder would be good. some type of catfish, pleco or cory catfish. i like the juli cory cats. and some driftwood.

Awe! Thank you for the compliment!!!! That's awesome! & makes my day! ^_____^ hahaha! :thanks:

your tank is beautiful, but they are always sorta a work in progress aren't they? never quite complete... its an addiction lol what fish are in there? how big is the tank?

LOL!!! isn't that the truth! But it makes it so fun! There's always something to do or plan to do with tanks! & Thank you for the compliment!!! :D :thanks:

looking at profile i would try geting 3 more black skirts, 4 rummy nose tetra, probably a couple more rainbows, 4 more kuhli loaches ... and this would just get you up to where your fish would be more active and social as most are schoaling fish and need a group of atleast 5 .... then i would go with 8 panda corys or peppered corys which ever you like as they are both very social bottom feeders. and i mean very social i have mine where they eat there shirmp pellets out of my hand and im fairly certain the 2 shirmp you got wont last much longer that why i didnt suggest any

Awe that must be awesome to have your fish approach you like that! Oh no! I love my shrimps! How come you think they wont last much longer? ):

well you might get away with those to but if there is to many the rainbows and gourmis might accidently mistake them for food

Oh okay! Yea I used to have quite a bit of ghost shrimp but one of my killies that passed away ate them all (& i know it was her because once I caught her with one in her mouth with the antenea sticking out) except for one! It's been a survivor and only comes out at night, so that probably helps it odds! lol As for my bamboo shrimp, he's probably abooooout 3 inches? he's a big papa haha I don't worry about him getting eaten! I really wanted to get some red shrimp but i think other than bamboo shrimp most shrimp stay pretty tiny right? I'd rather not invest in things that will just get eaten. I'm honestly suprised my ghost has lived as long as he has!

reesies_87 said:
Thanks for all the wonderful advice everyone!

Real plants in the tank would be AWESOME! I've always admired planted tanks but id need to get different lighting and a co2 system right? Oh and good substrate aaaaaaaand fertilizers n stuff right? I hear they're a lot of work! I wouldn't even know where to begin with plants! lol!

If u get low light plants u don't need to do anything different. I only have 60 Watts of light in my 100g and my plants grow fine. I don't have any special substrate. Recently All I do is dose flourish excel once a day but I haven't really noticed a difference.

Your set up would be fine. They don't require any special work lol.

lol i not sure on the shimp but im interested in a bamboo one if gets three inches????

Yea, They are amazing! Id definitely suggest people getting one! They are so interesting to watch! and do an awesome job at cleaning the tank! & Now that I look at a picture, mine looks about 2 1/2 But they can get up to 3 i hear! :)

img_1825078_0_ca66bdc106949efeba504b1aca20de3c.jpg

img_1825078_1_4b58d33fd6b286afbb06fe5e97855dbf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom