if i put these fish together....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newbneedshelp

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to pu hte following in a 40 gallon tank. I want to know if they will all get along and if i could add more fish possibly.

4 otocinclus
1 angel fish
6 serpae tetras
1 bristle nose pleco
1 dwarf gourami

Theres the list and TIA.

Sounds good to me. You might consider 2 angels, they like company. Keep an eye on the gourami. My dwarf gets along with the angels, but some are fin nippers.

sounds like a decent start...but yeah, i'd watch the angel and gourami to make sure they get along.

You might consider 2 angels, they like company.
Angel fish may or may not tolerate one another. Another thing to watch out for is nipping by the serpea tetras. Some members have said this is a problem.

IMO, you're on the right track by planning on ONE angel: they get territorial as they mature and can cause lots of havok in your peaceful community tank. Breeding pairs of angels can turn it into a full-scale war zone...

Menagerie is right about serpaes sometimes being "nippy" fish but it looks like you're planning on a large enough group that they'll probably entertain themselves and leave the others alone.

One more thing: I'd plan on adding the angel to your tank LAST. It'll be the most aggressive fish and this'll give the others a chance to settle in and get comfortable.

Hope this helps.

thanks to you all, i will add the angel last and watch the nippy serpaes. I might not get the dwarf gourmi but im thinking on it. Again, thanks!!

well of course ive made a change in what i want lol!!! I think instead i want to do more smaller fish. Im thinking.....
6 Serpaes
6 Harlequin Rasboras
4 otocinclus
1 angel fish

Check out my sig. My dwarf gouramis basically just sit in the corners or under plants. They come out every once in a while. The Angels don't bother them and the Gouramis don't bother the Angels. I thought it was kind of weird, but the more I read, it's the regular Gourami and not the dwarf Gourami that may have problems.

The Angels were in my tank FIRST. They don't even bother any of the other fish I placed in there. Maybe because they are smaller. Who knows.

Rasboras are an excellent choice. Despite the fact that they are common enough, they are really gorgeous fish.

Just thought I'd weigh in!

Check out my sig. My dwarf gouramis basically just sit in the corners or under plants. They come out every once in a while. The Angels don't bother them and the Gouramis don't bother the Angels. I thought it was kind of weird, but the more I read, it's the regular Gourami and not the dwarf Gourami that may have problems.

The only time I ever saw Dwarf Gouramis do that was in tanks where someone had too many Dwarf Gouramis. DGs are usally very active when kept solo. By having 4 in one tank, they are spending all day watching over their territory. Hiding in corners and under plants all day, your fish are clearly showing signs of stress.

I don't quite understand with them being in a 75 gal tank with more than enough room to swim, why. I had asked my LFS who has been in the business for years about these guys. They know alot, unlike a Petsmart. I trust them as I had never had problems in the past. They stated the dwarf Gouramis would be fine with the 2 Angels in my tank unlike the regular Gourami because of territorial issues. Just from what I have seen so far, they get along. :)

Back
Top Bottom