Im a sucker for bettas pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hovoc

Aquarium Advice Activist
I went to walmart looking for cheap lids for my 20 gallon, and my gf found this beautiful female. Shes a light rainbow colored. Very pretty. I gotta stop buying bettas.

Does she have horizontal stripes? That's the first thing that came to mind when you said rainbow. Those are usually from stress and they'll go away. I was just at walmart too. They got new cups for the bettas that are 2 inches shorter. Now the poor fish have to live sideways. Good thing I'm broke or I'd have taken them all.

lol I know what you mean. I, too, am a sucker for bettas. I had to stop that because it got too expensive to live in the dorms and buy a new tank and accessories every 2-3 semesters. The first betta was in a 1 gal desktop tank someone was giving away when I moved into the dorms. His name was Clyde and he was blue and purple-ish. Then I bought a 2 gal, one of my friends gave me her empty 10 gal and I bought a 5 gal, then another 10 gal (which is now my sister's). I ran out of space for them all so one 10 gal had to go in the band officers' office. That's where the guppies lived for 3 years, they were our mascots.

yea, me too. I look at the bettas everytime i go to walmart or petsmart, and a lot of times, I walk out with a new one. Last one I bought was my male crowntail. I currently have three males, and 6 females.

Ut oh, I see my future in these posts ! I have two males (a crowntail and a veiltail) but I bought an air pump for a 20 gal and a 4 gang airvalve - so I'm ready for 2 more already !!

Back
Top Bottom