I'm lost....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gizz4mo1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I changed my 35 gallon's water today. About 50%. When I tested it after letting it sit for a few hours, my GH hardness level was too high and my KH level was too low. Does anyone have any ideas about finding the happy medium? All my other levels are perfect. I wouldnt have even bothered testing it if my snail hadnt been towards the top. Poor guy....

Water Changes & Chemistry

I changed my 35 gallon's water today. About 50%. When I tested it after letting it sit for a few hours, my GH hardness level was too high and my KH level was too low. Does anyone have any ideas about finding the happy medium? All my other levels are perfect. I wouldnt have even bothered testing it if my snail hadnt been towards the top. Poor guy....

Hello Gizz...

Nice effort on the water change. Removing and replacing half the tank's volume every week will maintain a healthy, balanced aquarium. I wouldn't fret about the pH, hardness, etc. of the tank water. Unless you're keeping and breeding rare fish, then most aquarium fish and plants too, will adapt to your public water supplies.

Next large, water change, take advantage of the low water level and add some plants that will do well in the lighting you have and add some pieces of driftwood. Adding a little more nature to your tank can only help keep the water properties safe for your fish.

Just a couple of thoughts.

B

Back
Top Bottom