I'm not happy with my tank and I don't know why

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the bulb i have in is an expensive, powerful, plant growing bulb.... so i have to be careful when/if i switch the bulb. I like the idea of colored celophane... but id have to put it underneath the glass cuz im pretty sure it will melt if im not careful

Hmm i wonder if the celophoane would work, cuz if it would that might not be a bad idea

Hi,
as for the gravel color, there's help, depending of what fish you want to keep. A good option if the fish like soft water is dry oak leaves. collected from a spot preferably without pollution, of course, and as dry as it gets. you put them into the tank, and after a while they will sink. it's only for soft water fish because they give off tannins like driftwood. Brings you a nice, natural-looking ground of dark color.

and then, I'm sorry, but for me, there's not nearly enough plants in there.... an echinodorus bush or two and some more of cabomba might help. also, I can imagine hydrocotyle leucocephala, as you already have a plant with similar leaves, and the h. leuco grows very fast and makes a nice jungle.

:)
silvia

Like what spongebob said, you can create a neat look with terracing. I've had luck in the past with gluing rocks together to make sort of a retaining wall kind of thing. I just used aquarium sealant ( clear silicone) and safe rocks. It looks nice, but just remember to to let the silicone cure long enough.

Back
Top Bottom