Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-30-2017, 02:02 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

I'm proud of myself

This may just be me being overly confident, because what i did tonight is literally the most basic thing in fishkeeping. I set up an air stone. that's it. BUT then i stood back and took a good look at my tank. Growing up, my mother wouldn't even let me have a goldfish. not even at 18 years old. She told me i couldn't possibly be responsible enough to keep a fish alive.

well today, at 20, i have six tanks and i love them. and my 40 gallon community tank is thriving and coming along great. i'm still adding bits and pieces to it every now and again, so it's not quite finished yet.

i still plan on adding some live plants and a blue background. but i'm so proud of my fish. i've never been so invested in a hobby before. i always thought i would go through life never finding something that i'm good at AND enjoy doing. but fish keeping and animal care are my passion. and i just wanted to share with you all that i love my tank and all of my animals.

and thank you for being so welcoming on this forum and so helpful with all of my questions!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7419.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	297069  

Old 03-30-2017, 10:32 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Awesome!!

Old 03-30-2017, 01:11 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

🐠🌟
Sweet, glad you are proud, it's a good feeling!
Old 03-30-2017, 09:53 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Looks good!
Old 03-31-2017, 03:46 PM   #5
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Double thumbs up!
Old 03-31-2017, 04:38 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalbettas View Post
This may just be me being overly confident, because what i did tonight is literally the most basic thing in fishkeeping. I set up an air stone. that's it. BUT then i stood back and took a good look at my tank. Growing up, my mother wouldn't even let me have a goldfish. not even at 18 years old. She told me i couldn't possibly be responsible enough to keep a fish alive.

well today, at 20, i have six tanks and i love them. and my 40 gallon community tank is thriving and coming along great. i'm still adding bits and pieces to it every now and again, so it's not quite finished yet.

i still plan on adding some live plants and a blue background. but i'm so proud of my fish. i've never been so invested in a hobby before. i always thought i would go through life never finding something that i'm good at AND enjoy doing. but fish keeping and animal care are my passion. and i just wanted to share with you all that i love my tank and all of my animals.

and thank you for being so welcoming on this forum and so helpful with all of my questions!
Congratulations! I hope you find continued success and joy.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:54 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

Woot! Woot!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com