Im sad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mermaid8

Aquarium Advice Regular
found an ad in our local craigs listing.. i knew this would probley happen due to the idiots that got rid of the 3 tigar barbs.. well they would not let me take out some of the water in the tank that they came from by the time i got home they all died.. i have no clue but just that the water was up to but the water was up to 84 degrees in the tank... they came from so for the next time i go and rescue fish any suggestions?

I am paranoid that you take my water!

That sucks man. People I ran into on craigs list out here always offered more than what they were advertising for... I have this this and that extra, for $x I'll toss it in if you want.

yes i know what you mean.. when you get there they have more for sale. the sad part about these tiger barbs is that they would not let me do the right thing for them. but what the **** they were free and i saved them from being ate by piranha when they got older. i just don't understand some people.

if they are dead wasnt saved from anything. why not go get what you need to take them back properly?

they were not dead.. till i got them home. and then i do believe they died from stress. i had the proper stuff to transfer them. they were well and active when i got them...

Well, something killed them and unless it was a 10 hour trip it shouldn't have been stress?

Most likely from the stress of her not being able to use the tank water. Sounds to me like she might have had to use tap water to transport them in. So of course the poor things didn't make it.

thank you dragonfish71.. yes i had to use tap water the lady did not understand that i had to use the same tank water to transfer them in. i tried to explain to her that without the proper treatment the fish might not make it. so she put in treatment.. the tank water was at a 80 degree tempature and the water from the tap was probley off... but again some people just don't know anything about fish. how would of some of you would of handled this sistuation?

how would of some of you would of handled this sistuation?
its hard to try and make somebody do something they dont want to when theyre giving you something... You could always just go and fill up your bag or bucket with the tank water, but you are in their house and theyre giving them to you for free... now if it were a situation where you were buying them, that would be totally different... id walk out without giving them anything... but then again, thats just me

true it is hard to get someone to due something. but she was avid to give them to someone who knew something about fish.. weird but it was her home and yes they were free.. i just wish they had a better chance. but then fish are part of my life and it's sad to see that this had to happened...

Back
Top Bottom