I'm so excited!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hsherman1986

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, last night, my husband tells me what he is getting me for christmas. He told me that he was going to take me out and let me get WHATEVER fish I wanted from wherever I wanted.

So today, we went to two different LFS (BTW: I highly recommened Boutique Pet Store on Garland Rd. for those of you in the dallas area.)

I ended up bringing home:

2 more clown loaches
1 gold dojo
1 gold nugget pleco (this took some guts....he was $40)
4 skunk loaches
4 red cherry shrimp
10 ghost shrimp
and 3 firemouth cichlids

Everyone has already made themselves right at home, the cichlids have already claimed their own caves in the tank (one kicked the clown loaches out of theirs). They are absolutly beautiful fish. They are all 4-5" right now.

I was just really excited about this, thought I would share. (oh, and no not all the fish re in the same tank...)

well, i had heavily hinted for a gold nugget pleco...i'm really glad he got the hint :D

Yes boutique Pet Shop is great. If you really want to get your sox knocked off, go to the Fish Gallery off of Greenville and Park Ln. Thats where i got my 2 german blue rams. the ones at boutique are nearly colorless.

I work at the Petco there in casalinda plaza, im Tim the shift manager. We have a couple employees very knowledgable in aquatics, if you ever have some questions. Willie, and Mark, and my self Tim.

If you want to meet up sometime, we can go to The Fish Gallery, i know the way there now that i have been there twice.

Yea, i have been to the fish gallery, just by the time i got done at boutique and Dallas north, I had to get the fish home. (i live in irving.)

I think i passed by that petco today lol.

Yea, the guy that i dealt with at boutique was a bit of a jerk, but he got me what i needed, and the prices weren't too bad. Some of the fish were over priced, but the ones i got were pretty fair.

Dallas north has good prices too, for the fish that i am interested in.

I got my angel at Fish Gallery, as well as my first GBR's.

no, no digi cam. My sister has a really good camera, I have been trying to get her to let me borrow it, but she won't let me...

I actually have 9 tanks total. 1x55g, 2x20g, 3x10g, 2x2.5g, & 1x5g

Having frequented both Boutique Pets and The Fish Gallery, I can say that The Fish Gallery has (by far) a better selection of fish than Boutique. If you're at The Fish Gallery and have questions, ask for either Chris or Tom and they should be more than happy to help you. I just spent $250.00 there on fish yesterday and they've got a fish I've been after for YEARS...if I can only manage to scrape together $525 (which is the asking price).

-Joe

i wish i could have made it to the gallery. I remember that they had a huge selection of fish last time i was there. I am going back to boutique later this week for some kuhlis that i saw that I wanted, i will stop by the fish gallery before I go to boutique.

well, i got a digi cam too!! My parents got it for me. SO now i can get some pics of these new fish, and of all my tanks to show you guys :D YAY!!

Back
Top Bottom