in need of some help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont understand? What does a top end product like biomax have to do with Dman's setup and ammonia problems? Sure like I said a hob filter is better suited but a ugf's can handle filtration just fine and it all depends on how the tank was established. If I have an established ugf then add all the biomax on earth the tank will still recycle if I vigorously vaccum all my gravel.

He has 2 hob not under gravel filter. If you vac the crap out of the gravel and get the debris out then you don't have to ( and shouldn't) rely on the bb in the gravel. The bio media whatever it may in the hob will take care of the bio filtration. Unless your filter is too small. Removing all the extra debris will allow the hob to catch up easily as there will be less crap in the gravel to create ammonia and you may even find that by cleaning the gravel good that the hob bio filtration may be enough to handle the load anyway because of the extra debris you are removing. The cleaner you keep the gravel the easier time your bio filter will have by not having to breakdown waste that shouldn't be there any way. Instead of leaving waste in your gravel for the sake of saving a little bb. It's not rocket science just good knowledge of the nitrogen cycle and how bb works.

He has 2 hob not under gravel filter. If you vac the crap out of the gravel and get the debris out then you don't have to ( and shouldn't) rely on the bb in the gravel. The bio media whatever it may in the hob will take care of the bio filtration. Unless your filter is too small. Removing all the extra debris will allow the hob to catch up easily as there will be less crap in the gravel to create ammonia and you may even find that by cleaning the gravel good that the hob bio filtration may be enough to handle the load anyway because of the extra debris you are removing. The cleaner you keep the gravel the easier time your bio filter will have by not having to breakdown waste that shouldn't be there any way. Instead of leaving waste in your gravel for the sake of saving a little bb. It's not rocket science just good knowledge of the nitrogen cycle and how bb works.

I still dont understand the advice your trying to give? He has no gravel?

I still dont understand the advice your trying to give? He has no gravel?
? I know that. You wanted to understand it in conversation before he removed his gravel (unnecessarily). I'm done with trying to explain it. It's taking far too much time. I'm sorry you don't understand.

? I know that. You wanted to understand it in conversation before he removed his gravel (unnecessarily). I'm done with trying to explain it. It's taking far too much time. I'm sorry you don't understand.

Lol ok then nice talking with you I guess.

So Dman how is the tank looking.

Back
Top Bottom