Inactive fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jnthn932

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know what might cause this? I've got a bunch of fish that are typically active fish but mine aren't!

Yeah I've got a heater. It keeps it at about 80 degrees. One Dalmatian Molly, two platys, 6 cories, 5 neon tetra's, and two dwarf gourami's.

I check the parameters almost daily and everything is fine. I've had the 20 gallon tank for over a month and didnt start stocking until after about a week of cycling.

Can you give us numbers vs. just saying everything is "fine"
to me your temp is a bit high for what you have. Are your fish gasping? The higher the temp, the less oxygen that's dissolved in the water. How is your surface agitation?

Yeah! That's a little high IMO when's the last time you did a pwc? I think your temp is ok since most freshwater fish do well in 74 to 80 degrees. IME most of my fish stay active in about 78 degrees.

How can I lower those levels? I turned the heater down a bit. Hopefully thats a start to fixing the problem!

This is what I would do adjust the temp if u can just a little lower if possible and do a pwc at least 25% if not more and treat with prime accordingly by size of tank. Do that and see if it helps, hopefully it will :) but don't wash filter in tap water put in bucket and use tank water you removed from tank so you don't kill the bb that you've already established.

Also do you have a good filter that can make a big difference IMO, let me know how it goes for you! Good luck to you!

Oh! Almost forgot to tell you I don't know what size tank you have but I would vacuum the fish poo if you can, just remember to rinse the filters in tank water or sponges or whatever you use very IMPORTANT especially with that new of a tank you want to keep as much of the bb as possible.

Back
Top Bottom