Increase Alkalinity??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orangelover77

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 10 gallon tank with 2 Glofish tetras, a black Molly, 1 Mickey Mouse Platy, 1 Sunburst Platy, and 1 red wag Platy. The ph is 7.0, the Alkalinity is 80mg, and my general hardness is only 30 mg. The hardness is really low and the Alkalinity is low also. What should I do?? I'm worried about my fish!!

My fish are acting fine except for my black Molly which is hiding and being very unsocial.

Oh ahahaha! I'm talking to you on your other post. If everyone is acting fine I wouldn't worry about it. Though most Molly's, platys, etc. Like a bit of salt in there environment. But be careful with salt and tetras. BTW. What kind of filtration do you have? Do you have aeration?

I'd leave him be for a while and just keep an eye on him. And probably wouldn't add anymore fish to your tank. Unless you move your little guy to your larger tank then you could get a school of molly and see how social they can be. But its all up to you.

If I move my Molly to my larger tank, can I put anymore fish into my tank?

Also she's kind of fat? Is she pregnant is that what's wrong? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395289539.527213.jpg This is the best pic I have of her because she hides all the time.

If your parameters aren't changing in between water changes, I wouldn't worry about it. If they do change, I would add crushed coral or other form of calcium carbonate because of is low solubility in water and increased stability of parameters. Potassium and sodium bicarbonate dissolve easily and adding too much can cause a huge change in PH/KH

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom