Incredibly good news!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I picked up a couple of large golden apple snails on my way home from work today. Everyone loves their size (including Cliff aka Mr. Sailfin Gibbiceps, who decided to give each one a good cleaning).

We then went out to dinner (a custom we have for February). Over dinner, we somehow began discussing tanks (it helped that the restuarant has a few fairly large display tanks).

My wife looked me in the eye and made the following statement:

"I know what your long range plans are. When the kids leave, you want to turn their room into a aquarium room with tanks everywhere. I'm not going to continue to stall your dream...get the 55-75 gallon so long as I can keep the 30".

Well, needless to say...I'm bursting. So many things are running through my head. Patience is a virtue.

So I ask my friends...what does one do with a dream?

I will be requesting suggestions (but that will be in a separate thread).

Well, I'm off to measure off my footprints! (y)

Thanks for the support everyone! Let me update some things:

During all the excitement last night, Gary 1 (my blue apple snail) took a header, hit the floor really hard, cracking his shell completely in half. He has since gone on to the big snail pond. Thanks Devilishturtles and Bound for helping me through that. :)

Back to the current topic: No...I did not get the wife drunk nor did I use any other "deceptive' methods. Obviously my wife is a whole lot smarter than I gave her credit for. She doesn't even blame AA for my, errr...MTS. :wink:

Their are soooo many options available to me at this point a final decision will take awhile.

Lastly, this is my 2,000th post. And a pic of Gary 1

Attachments

• gary1_-_r.i.p..jpg
    gary1_-_r.i.p..jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 84
RIP Gary 1. :(

And you sir - 2000 is some accomplishment IMO.

And I'm sure with the same helpfulness and sincerity from the first post 'til the time I've been aquainted withcha recently.

Ooooh..congrats about the new tank!!!!

I am so jealous, because a 75 is what I want and daniel says we have to work on the house first - meanie!

RIP Gary.

Bill, I KNEW I was going to like your wife! What a peach :D

Sorry to hear about the snail, though, that's a rough way to go for the poor fellow. Interesting... all my snails are named Gary, too :wink:

Yeppers. We'll have to discuss this in much further depth at the GCAS :wink:

Back
Top Bottom