Info on Gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxmoorishmanxx

Aquarium Advice Addict
My Gf asked me to post this and i said i would so here it goes.... would it be possible to keep 1-2 dawrf gourmais in a 10 gallon tank with 2 corys and 1 otto, how hardy are they and is a 10 enough room thank you,

I've found dwarf gourami to be fairly hardy, although they tend to pick on each other sometimes.

One would be fine, moorish. Two might be pushing it, IMO. They don't get huge, but I think with one Dwarf and a small schooling fish, you would be lookin' really good. :wink:

the dwarf gouramis ive had always picked on one another.

Like Devilishturtle said maybe a dwarf gourami and a small group of schooling fish

It's a situation by situation kind of thing. You could fit 2 dwarfs in a 10 - in one situation they might fight so much you would have to bring one back, in another, they would be fine.

If you go for it, I suggest either a male and female or 2 females.

i agree ... need to have at least the 1:1 ratio. I kept 2 dwarf gourami in a previous 10 gallon tank of mine and they were fine after an initial day of territory games.

Back
Top Bottom