Input nedded on our new fish and what are they?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waterlilly

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well today we got 10 Five-banded Barbs (Puntius pentazona pentazona) they will be in our 40 gal with our betta any of you have these or have had these? All we have read has given conflicting information one site says that they are fin biters and not very friendly then another says that they are. So far they have not shown any interest in our betta but they are still acclimating to there new home, oh and we got two very strange cretures not sure what the name is of them . The LFS said they were'nt even sure what it was, it looks like a shrimp but has siccors like a crab but not as big, they are about 2and a half inches long right now and can get about 4 inches long maybe you can help name these strange things,lol :)

Attachments

• name_not_sure_right_now.jpg
    name_not_sure_right_now.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 66
waterlilly said:
, oh and we got two very strange cretures not sure what the name is of them . The LFS said they were'nt even sure what it was, it looks like a shrimp but has siccors like a crab but not as big, they are about 2and a half inches long right now and can get about 4 inches long maybe you can help name these strange things,lol :)

Crayfish maybe? That's the only thing I could think of that would look like a shrimp and have pincers. Can you provide a pic?

I've never had the fish you mentioned before so I can't help you there.

LOL, I'am tring to post one but the comp keeps freezing and the one on top it the wrong one i made a mistake lol :oops: okay here it is.

Attachments

• unknown_130.jpg
    unknown_130.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 195
okay found out that they are some kind of glass shrimp now just to figure out what type lol.

Back
Top Bottom