Installing a new fluorescent tube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kennedy008

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all,

This is the tank I have Aquael Classic 60 Bow Aquarium Kit Aquael Fish Tanks for Sale

It comes with a 15W tube. I'm running a tropical community tank with 5 different plants. I was getting frustrated with plants dieing now n then so decided to install another tube, again a 15W but this time with a 'natural light'. It took quite a lot of DIY but it's certainly a lot brighter now and hopefully this'll help the plants.

When installing the new light (which works perfectly) I had to move the original slightly, it now works if I push the two fittings either side onto the tube with quite a lot of force and it then stays on, but when I turn it off and back on again it often doesn't work resulting in me having to push the two fittings again... Obviously not ideal. Anyone any ideas why this is happening?

Also any lighting tips welcome :).

Cheers,

Matt

Hi. I'm I was thinking of buying this aquarium. I is the build quality any good. Also what type of tubes does it take. I can't seem to find replacements on any website
Thanks

Sounds like a loose socket or maybe a loose wire in the socket.
A pic of the sockets might be helpful.

Hi. I'm I was thinking of buying this aquarium. I is the build quality any good. Also what type of tubes does it take. I can't seem to find replacements on any website
Thanks

Hey mate,

Yeah the build is good, had it a year now and no signs of breakage. If I could do it again though, I wouldn't have got the bow front, hurts your eyes if you get too close!

It takes the regular tube lights, 15W, standard in all aquatic stores. Only room for one though so I did some DIY to fit an additional which has worked well but was not easy!

Thanks. I I opted for the classic 50 rectangular as it fits on my coffee table.

Back
Top Bottom