instant cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orandafan12

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am going to buy a 30 gallon tank. I was wondering if i put all the water, gravel, and filter into the 30 gallon would it instantly cycle the tank?

orandafan12 said:
I am going to buy a 30 gallon tank. I was wondering if i put all the water, gravel, and filter into the 30 gallon would it instantly cycle the tank?

Do you mean if you put some bio media from an established tank?
If you do, then yes. It would be cycled, but you would have to stock the tank very slowly to allow the beneficial bacteria to increase in population as the ammonia increases.

maxwellag said:
Do you mean if you put some bio media from an established tank?
If you do, then yes. It would be cycled, but you would have to stock the tank very slowly to allow the beneficial bacteria to increase in population as the ammonia increases.

I am moving everything from my 20 galloninto the new tank. All the water, gravel, hob filters and etc.

orandafan12 said:
I am moving everything from my 20 galloninto the new tank. All the water, gravel, hob filters and etc.

Ok. Then I think yes it would be cycled as long as you kept the same bio media. But remember, stock slowly.

maxwellag said:
Ok. Then I think yes it would be cycled as long as you kept the same bio media. But remember, stock slowly.

Yeah im think about getting another oranda for it so ill have 2 of them

No need to put the dirty water in. Just move the substrate and filter over. I wouldn't add any new fish for the first couple weeks, though... give your bio-filter some time to re-establish before doing so.

Back
Top Bottom