instructions for master test kit from aquarium pharmaceutica

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pez25

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I Am serching for the intructions for the old freswater master test kit from aquarium pharmaceuticals. I lost my instructions. The box is the larger square one. The new kit has a rectangular smaller box.

Hi pez25!!
[center:650b0ee5fb] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA! :olympic: [/center:650b0ee5fb]

Is it the color card you are needing, or the amount of drops to add in for each test?

Here are the directions for all of tests in the AP kit(s).

Ammonia
1. Fill clean test tube with 5ml of water to be tested (fill to line on tube).
2. Add 8 drops from Ammonia Test Soultion Bottle #1.
3. Add 8 drops from Ammonia Test Solution Bottle #2.
4. Cap the test tube and shake vigorously for 5 seconds.
5. Wait 5 minutes for color to develop
6. Read results by matching the test solution against the Ammonia Color Chart.

*The Ammonia test for the old kit only has one bottle. Add 8 drops. Shake and compare to color chart.

Nitrite
1. Fill a clean test tube with 5ml of water to be tested (fill to line on tube).
2. Add 5 drops of Nitrite Test Solution.
3. Cap test tube and shake the tube for 5 seconds.
4. Wait 5 minutes for color to develop.
5. Compare to Nitrite Color Chart.

Nitrate
1. Fill a clean test tube with 5ml of water to be tested (fill to line on tube).
2. Add 10 drops from Nitrate Test Solution Bottle #1.
3. Cap the test tube and invert tube several times to mix solution.
4. Vigorously shake Nitrate Test Bottle #2 for at least 30 seconds. This step is extremely important to insure accuracy of test results.
5. Add 10 drops from Nitrate Test Solution Bottle #2.
6. Cap the tube and shake vigorously for one minute. This step is extremely important to insure accuracy of test results.
7. Wait 5 minutes for color to develop.
8. Compare to color on the Nitrate Test Color Card.

pH
2. Add three drops of Indicator Solution.
4. Compare color to pH Color Chart.

High Range pH
2. Add 5 drops of Indicator Solution.
4. Compare color to High Range pH Color Chart.

Carbonate Hardness Test (kH)
1. Rinse a clean tube with the water to be tested.
2. Fill the test tube with 5ml of aquarium water (to the line on test tube).
3. Add Carbonate Hardness Test Solution, one drop at a time. After the first drop is added, solution will turn blue. If the water sample contains only 1dkH, the solution will turn from clear to its yellow endpoint after the first drop is added.
4. Cap the test tube and invert several times after each drop. Keep count of the drops being added.
5. The test is completed when the water in the test tube, after having been shaken, turns from blue to bright yellow. If you have difficulty discerning the color after the first drop of test solution is added, remove the cap from the test tube and while holding it over a white background, look down through the tube.
6. The kH is determined by the number of drops of the reagent that must be added to turn the water in the test tube bright yellow. Each drop is equal to 1dkH or 17.9ppm kH.

General Hardness Test (gH)
1. Rinse a clean test tube with water to be tested.
2. Fill the test tube with 5ml of aquarium water (to the line on test tube).
3. Add General Hardness Test Solution, one drop at a time. After the first drop is added, solution will turn orange. If the water sample contains only 1dgH, the solution will turn from clear to it's green endpoint after the first drop is added.
4. Cap the test tube and invert several times after each drop. Keep count of the drops being added.
5. The test is completed when the water in the test tube,after having been shaken, turns from orange to green. If you have difficulty discerning the color after the first drop of test solution is added, remove the cap from the test tube and while holding it over a white background, look down through the tube.
6. The General Hardness value is determined by the number of drops of the reagent that must be added to turn the water in the test tube green. Each drop is equal to 1dgH or 17.9ppm gH.

HTH,
Bryan

Need instructions for the old freswater master test kit

Hello, I Am serching for the instructions for the old freswater master test kit from aquarium pharmaceuticals. I lost my instructions. The box is the larger square one. The new kit has a rectangular smaller box. I need the one for the larger older box.

The instructions for each particular test is going to be the same, whether you buy them in a kit or buy them separately. Have you been to the AP website for instructions for each particular test?

TankGirl said:
The instructions for each particular test is going to be the same, whether you buy them in a kit or buy them separately. Have you been to the AP website for instructions for each particular test?

Big ditto to TankGirl. The test instructions are the same whether the kit is the 'old' one or the 'new' one. The biggest difference between the two is the ammonia test. With the old kit the ammonia test is a one bottle test. The new one has a two bottle test that is much more reliable. Instructions for both were included in my above post.;)

Bryan

Excellent post with all of the instructions! I posted before the merge, so did not see it until now - you da bomb to go to the trouble.

Nessler vs. salicylate - very important to know what you have but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it....

Back
Top Bottom