InTank Media Basket for AquaClear 70

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Upstate TBarbs

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the InTank Media Basked. From what i understand, this is a design that forced the flow of water through the sponge and then up through the media, eliminating bypass. So far, the biggest "complaint" i see id that due to the added flow resistance, water now spills out from the intake tuber area. InTank claims that this is normal.

Video of InTank Media Box

I don't have any experience with the insert, however the water pouring out from near the intake tube seems like a lot of bypass. I must be missing something...I don't see where the insert would be worth it, other than the ability to add a heater. IMO if it ain't broke, don't fix it. AC's work great just as they were designed. :)

I guess it is supposed to force the water down through the sponge and then up through the media chamber,as shown in the pic. Seems to me it restricts flow, but thats why I was looking for opinions. I'm really not sure that the AC70 right out of the box is as bad at media bypass as they claim.

Attachments

• ac70mb.jpg
    ac70mb.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 46
I run about 32 aquaclears.
They work just fine out of the box.
In some I run double sponges with a coarser sponge on the bottom.
An insert that cost as much as the filter is better replaced with a second filter IMO..(y)

The intank stuff is well made but if you were going to spend that much money on a filter why not just buy a better filter to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom