interaction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fastfly48

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all

I've just recently "finished" (if I may say) my aquarium.
It's fully stocked cycled and everything. However...

I'm realy happy with my tank but the fish don't seem to interact with the plants and aquascape as much as I would hope. They just swim around in the open water, ignoring the caves tunnels and plants. It'd be so much better if they would interact more with there suroundings, it'd make the tank seem more alive and organic....
Perhaps I just have the wrong fish? heres my list...
2 jaguar danios
5 harlequin fish
7 neon tetras
1 Dwarf blue ram
1 Brisslenose pleco
3 cory catfish

The tanks about 50/60% planted and is 20g. So it's pretty over-stocled, but I've kept a close eye on everything and there haven't been any problems for 2 months now....

Oh so anyways. How do you make/have your fish interact with there setting more?...if you can....

What a silly post. Hope some of you konw what I'm talking about!
Cheers.
Ry.

The neons, rasboras and danios really aren't into caves. You could pair the blue ram for some action (tip...girls have the pink bellies:)

For the most part, that's all fish do is swim around. If you want to play with them...get one of those laser pen lights...LOL.

you pleco may decide to hang out in one of the caves. loaches would probably do so too. but you are already at your stocking limit. tct is right about the others--they're really not into hiding or swimming through things--but you have a nice assortment of fish, so enjoy them as they dart about ;)

Back
Top Bottom