Interesting fish behaviour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foshizzle11

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just added some feeder minnows to our cichlid tank, which also has 3 butis butis crazy fish, so we need to feed them live once in a while.

Well, this time around the clown loaches were eating a minnow, same with our pictus cats. We also brought home a new friend, it is a fiddler crab. We added it to our cichlid tank and so far so good. He is very cool and likes to eat all the stuff off of the rocks and wood. It is neat to watch it run around.

Anyway, the weird behaviour was the clown loaches chasing after the minnows, I thought this was weird since this is the first time they have done that and this isn't the first time we put minnows in, but the first time they have done this.

Is this normal for clown loaches to behave this way? I thought they were scavengers and bottom feeders.

Just so you know fiddler crabs need brackish water and they also need dry land

We were told that they don't need dry land, just a way to get to the surface for air, which they can on drift wood and our plants that touch the surface, not to mention the cord on the heater and air pump, so we have that covered. At the LFS they are in a tank with just a piece of wood sticking out so no worries.

We do add aquarium salt to the tank, is that not enough? This didn't seem to be an issue when we were asking questions.

Well I guess they should be ok I guess I'm no expert on them but that is one of the few things I know about them

Do you know how much more salt is enough? Is it different than what we already add for the fish do you think? I don't want a home that it won't be happy in.

Back
Top Bottom