Interesting Frog Habits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpaceFish42

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently rescued three new ADFs, and I have observed them doing some very entertaining things so far, some of which I would never expect frogs to do. How many of you have seen your frogs doing funny, fascinating, or otherwise unusual things?

Yes, there was a weird noise and a guy that was staying at my daughters for a couple weeks kept hearing a strange kinda buzzing noise in the middle of the night. Finally tracking it down to the planted bowl which had a adf

Then I was asked what was in the plant bowl that would make a buzzing noise. I didn't know frogs could make a buzzing noise and found out by checking out some youtube videos, lol!!! What a surprise!

I guess that was a normal frog thing but I didn't know. I had heard the odd sound too but thought it was somebodies computer or something.

Side note - The adf, which had been rescued when I went to buy a fish tank and the person said you can have this tank too if you take the fish, which must have been 20 aqua critters in a 5G tank, and the Cherry barb bit his eye out on the drive home, it was awful, awful, awful. He survived and lived at least another year at a new adoptive home and with a new female frog to keep him company btw.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom