Introducing clown loaches into my 46 gal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SlowGT

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have in already 3 syndontis petricola (2 inches ea.) with 2 bn plecos (4.5 inches) and 7 juvi yellow labs. I plan on getting rid of the yellows and getting at least 2 jack dempseys (1 male, 1 female). Will the clown loaches and catfish get along? Will there be enough room for all 6 of them? I know the clown loaches will eventually grow larger and I will hopefully have my 90gal set up by then. I am also wondering if the Jack Dempseys will be aggressive towards the others.

Jack Dempseys will probably be aggressive to everything in the tank.....Most Plecos can be territorial about their spaces on the bottom and Clown Loaches will invariably get into those "spaces".....If the Labs are gone there won't be a problem..........Clown Loaches like to roam all over the tank and will need hiding places when they rest.

I don't know the length or width of a 46g, but Loaches do better in tanks with big foot prints( large bottom swimming areas).

The clown loaches and the catfish will get along fine. The dempseys will be very aggressive to the other fish. BN plecos will be fine with the other fish.

If the loaches are small they will be fine for a short while. They will need the 90 gal as soon as you are able to set it up.

Back
Top Bottom