Introducing Cory catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Connor2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone, In my 10 gallon community tank I have an albino Cory Catfish. The tank was just upsized to 10 gallons and my fish don't eat off the bottom as much anymore (I would imagine the bigger tank discourages them?) And my 1 Cory can't keep up anymore. When I bought him I didn't know they enjoyed being kept in groups. So I'm wondering now, if I bought 2 more would there be any issues now? My Cory is now a decent bit bigger than what the stores have, are they known to be aggressive with eachother?

Or if getting more Cory's is a bad idea, what would you guys suggest to keep food off my gravel/substrate?

Corys will be better in more numbers. The more the better. 6 minimum, preferably 8.

Saying that, you havent said what your other stocking is. Increasing the numbers might lead to overstocking of a 10g tank. If you want to keep your cory happy in a community tank, i would recommend a bigger tank.

Corys wont be aggresive to newcomers. I have 2 tiny panda corys, smaller than they sell in the store and they swim around fine with the others.

Back
Top Bottom