iridescent shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to AA! What are all of your tank parameters? Generally if your ph is stable the fish are better off than attempting to change the ph levels.

my tank is a 10 gallon im going to upgrade soon i dont have the test kits yet and ive had the shark for about 2 weeks. for test kits how much would they usaully cost

Be aware also, that your Irridescent shark will outgrow...most any tank you put him in. If you are looking for a community, and were planning on a tank less than...say 90 gallons, I'd return the shark and get something that won't grow as large. Just a heads up.

Did they inform you of the size that they reach? You could talk to the manager and tell him/her that you were mislead to believing this fish is appropriate for your tank which it clearly is not.

Some stores won't take them back because of the size they reach. How long have you had this fish? you can also contact other fish stores and ask them if they would give you a trad in for it, or even if they won't trade it, they may accept it in the hopes of more business.

My mom got caught the same way, she was told "it will grow to the size of the tank" with a red sailfin for a 20Gal, he's now in my 75 @ 13.5" he was 12" when I moved him out of the 20. My LFS keeps asking me to bring it in for sale..

oh it will grow much bigger, they can easily get to four feet long, 52".... im not sure how you would go about putting that in your 10 gallon....lol HTH

i took back the shark and got 4 neons for it to go with my other 2 and my platy any Suggestions for fish to add?

Back
Top Bottom