is 264 gph enough filtration for a 20 gallon tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am getting a twenty gallon tank soon, and I am wondering if this will be enough filtration. thank you

yes.
It should be adequate. Is this a HOB/power filter?

I like to have my water turnover rates at least 10x the size of my tank.

It is a canister filter. I have another question: do you think I need a UV sterilizer? oh and the tank is a twenty long, I dont know if that makes a difference on w=how much filtration is needed... do you think more filtration would be better?

a canister is more than sufficient for a 20 gallon!

A UV sterilizer is only needed if you have algae trouble. Apart from that, they aren't really necessary.
And in your size tank, you could purchase a bristlenose pleco to clean up the algae.

The 20 gallon long will determine how many and what overall size fish that you can keep.
For your size tank, any of the tetras, rasboras, corydoras, dwarf gouramis, dwarf cichlids can fit comfortably.
I would avoid any larger fish.

wow I like your 264gph! It really helps keep your tank clean. Its too much when you see your fish struggling to swim.

The only thing is, the filter doesn't have adjustable flow rate, but has tons of options for different water return features, like a spray bar that goes across the whole tank and some other cool stuff. I hope that still wont be too much for german blue rams...

The only thing is, the filter doesn't have adjustable flow rate, but has tons of options for different water return features, like a spray bar that goes across the whole tank and some other cool stuff. I hope that still wont be too much for german blue rams...

the spray bar is good - I recommend using that!
It will diffuse the output of the filter, so that its not too strong for your fish.

Bubble_B0y said:
the spray bar is good - I recommend using that!
It will diffuse the output of the filter, so that its not too strong for your fish.

Ok good. Will do, when I get the tank. Lol

Back
Top Bottom