Is 5 gallons really the minimum for FISH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the end of the day, alot of the advice given by Mods and or other experienced members ... Because we have your tanks best interest in mind ...can help save you three things. Time, Aggravation and $$$$.

jcolon said:
In the end of the day, alot of the advice given by Mods and or other experienced members ... Because we have your tanks best interest in mind ...can help save you three things. Time, Aggravation and $$$$.

Ammen!!!!!
The only thing I would like to add to that is also saving a poor little fish from suffering or ending up dead because a newbie hadn't a clue as to how to care for their fish.
Not a diss to all newbies I was one too. I made my mistakes and I am sure I will make more as I progress in this hobby but I ask advice ,accept advice and also do research.

I also think that guppies should be in a minimum of 10 gallons, they like to have play mates and a 5 just isn't enough room for more than one even if you were to do daily water changes it wouldn't be happy with out play mates.

I got a 4gallon nano tank with a unknown eel lol and badis and two peacock gugdeons

I put guppys in a 5 gal. Overfiltration and tank maintanance helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had cherry barbs breed like mad in a planted 5 gallon. The non-breeding barbs would hang close to the breeding barbs and eat the eggs as they were released. Interesting to watch.

Okay, I deleted several off topic posts. Please stick with the topic guys.

As a side note, +1 posts are not allowed either, please make an effort to add some content if you want to support someone's post.

Back
Top Bottom