Is it normal for ph?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolance

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it normal for pH in your community tank be around 7.4 but the tap water in faucet be around 8.0/8.2?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That sounds a lot like mine. Quite soft water here.

Have you tried letting the tap water sit in an open bottle for 24hrs to de-gas and then re-testing ph?

No I've never tried that but I will. I never test for hardness. Is it critical to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A water company report may show it. When I first started out I never tested water at all. Fish mostly did fine, etc, etc. I think it would be useful to have it tested (maybe a fish shop will test or know) so that you have an idea what it is.

I do think I have better control over the tank testing every so often and here we have soft water which for some reason can get very soft over summer.

once the windows open up the ph should go up on its own , tanks with glass covers the ph would read low , tanks with breathing covers the ph will be higher ,
in the winter my ph is low , but in the summer once the windows open it goes up ,

Back
Top Bottom