Is it ok to move fish between tanks without acclimation ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rasbora

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two freshwater tanks using the same source of tap water, heated at the same temperature, both have driftwood. is it OK to move a fish between those tanks without or with minimal acclimation ?

Homedog98 said:
Do they both have the same Ph and everything?

I'm not sure. I only have ammonia and nitrite test kits. If the pH is very close, is it safe to move without or with minimal acclimation ?

rasbora said:
I'm not sure. I only have ammonia and nitrite test kits. If the pH is very close, is it safe to move without or with minimal acclimation ?

Only if the Ph, ammo, nitrite, and nitrate are the same, can you add without acclimation. It's just the safe way to do it.

I move fish between my tanks without acclimating. They are all close to the same. I have never lost a fish or even noticed one show any signs of stress do to the move.

rich311k said:
I move fish between my tanks without acclimating. They are all close to the same. I have never lost a fish or even noticed one show any signs of stress do to the move.

Same here. Plus add in a impatient wife I try to keep my tanks equal terms.

Back
Top Bottom