Is it possible to have to much air ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TN Tanks

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just set up my 135 gal, have 2 fluval 404s running on each corner, and a strong deepwater pump suppling a small air stone under one of my fake coral structures, looks good. There is a lot air clinging to things, even a layer of air bubbles on my rocks, and some on the walls. I know a lot has to do with it being new, but will this hurt fish?

That's nothing to worry about TN. Actually this might not be caused by just the tank being new. It might be that in a tank that size, you aren't getting enough water movement to dissipate the bubbles. I've got a similar situation in my 125g and I'm not using any airstones. I'm thinking of utilizing a small powerhead on a sponge filter just to get more circulation. This should be good for both the fish and plants :) .

I dont think water flow is an issue, I am running 2 Fluval 404's which should turn over the tank alittle over 5 times hour, plus that airpump puts a tornado looking stream of bubbles into the water. I Bio Spira'd last night, time for some fish.

Here fish fish fishy

Tanks often have such bubbles for up to a day or two after being filled. Its usually more prominant when using a bucket method, cause you'll have a line of bubbles at each level for each time you put a bucket in.

I've had these annoying micro bubbles clinging to the front of my tank and the coral. The tank is just over a week old and they're slowly disapating. Each time I wipe them off fewer come back but I hate them. They take away from the appearence. Good luck with your new set-up!

Back
Top Bottom