Is it possible to leave the filter off for 2 hours a day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the filter is too loud for watching tv then id suggest looking for a different filter.

I might put it in TV room.

If your filter is that loud I would look into a different filter if possible
I have 5 aquaclears running in my living room and hear nothing if im more than a couple feet away from them. If I have anything on (TV Computer) I hear nothing from the tanks.
Sniped my mebbib....LOL

Not good you'll forget one day to turn it back on, besides turning it on and off is just not a good thing. Put your fish in a different room. But it is your call.

I turn mine off at feeding time. I've set up one on a timer so that when I forget to switch back on the others, at least that one is going.

Turn the TV up louder? Lol. That's what I do..

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'd go with what mike and mebbid said, find a different filter. I use an aquaclear on my community and barely hear it sitting right next to the tank. Loudest it ever is is when I'm lazy and let water level drop and get a slight splashing sound

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the suggestion guys. I set it up and if it eventually gets annoying I will change filters.

Aqua clears and Fluvals are really quiet compared to Penguins or Whisper external filters. Canisters are really quiet too.

If you have a noise problem/restriction, first fill your tank as
high as you can to get it close to the filter output. Try other hobs. Or get a canister, my canister is all but silent.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom