Is it possible to train a Betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ilovefish7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i know it sounds stupid, but my betta keeps snapping at my other fish. is there any way i could train it?

You can train them to swim through hoops and stuff but if he's nipping at other fish.....

What tank is he in and what stock?

not sure how big tank is.... i know it is less than a gallon. he is with my snail

Is his tank next to another tank where he is snapping at the fish trying to get to them? If so i would just get black construction paper and put it on the side of his tank so he cant see the other tanks. If hes trying to get at the other fish, keep an eye on your snail. ( mystery snail?) some betas that are aggressive nip off the snails antennas and the snails are stressed.

ok thank you very very much. also, is it normal for a betta to fear a net?

Yup, all my fish ( including my beta) avoid the net at all costs. One even jumped over the center support beam to get away from it. Scared the pee out of me!

Mine flopped out of the water this morning when i was cleaning his tank! I put the container under him just in time!

Is it possible to get a bigger tank? Your betta (and snail) would be happier!

Unfortunately I dont think so... but I heard Oscars can be trained too!

Back
Top Bottom