Is it worth getting a shrimpery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enadeau12

Aquarium Advice Activist
i was wondering if it would be worth it for me to get a shrimpery. i have a pair of kribs, a pair of angels, 5 gold barbs, 1 bn pleco and a redtail shark in a 55 gallon, and in my 20 tall i have a pair of mollies, 3 black skirt tetras, 5 zebras, 2 cory's and a dwarf gourami. i was just wondering how effective shrimpery's are and if itd be worth it.

If you are speaking for using it as fry food...I would highly recommend getting a starter culture of microworms. That is what I have been feeding my now 8 week old angel fry. They are easy to keep and there is hardly no waste whatsoever and they don't pollute your water near as bad, because there is no waste. Just my experience though. I got my culture off of aquabid for practically nothing and I have kept it alive for 6 weeks now with no problem. If I can find the person's name I ordered them from I will include it on this thread later.

okay, i understand the whole microworms and thanks for the idea, but for my larger fish would it be worth it to raise brine shrimp for a live food?

It is a pain to raise enough brine shrimp to adulthood to be of any significance in your fishes' diet. They reportedly aren't that great as food unless they are gut loaded. It would be easier to use frozen, although I think they probably burst when frozen and have limited food value.

Back
Top Bottom