Is it worth it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra1990

Aquarium Advice Addict
Poking on craigslist, I found someone selling Black Venezuela Cory cats. The add says that they are rare. They have 6 and are asking $15 a fish. Would it be worth it to pick dome up? Is the price right? If so, I would look into asking to get a package deal for more than one. Thanks.

Well, I've never seen one in person. I think only you can decide if they are worth that much to you.

Ok thanks. I'm going to look into them if I can make a deal for them, then I'll pick them up.

It doesn't matter what the market value of a fish is unless you plan to breed them yourself. I wouldn't count on making money breeding them unless you've had success doing so with a less valuable fish. If you have a lot of snooty aquarist friends, and being able to show off a rare fish is important to you, do your research on the fish so you have plenty of snooty things to say about it. Your non-aquarist friends won't know or care, they just want to see movement and color, maybe size. The only other reason to pay a lot of money for a fish is personal fondness that makes it personally worth it, and no-one else can tell you how much your personal fondness is worth.

It doesn't matter what the market value of a fish is unless you plan to breed them yourself. I wouldn't count on making money breeding them unless you've had success doing so with a less valuable fish. If you have a lot of snooty aquarist friends, and being able to show off a rare fish is important to you, do your research on the fish so you have plenty of snooty things to say about it. Your non-aquarist friends won't know or care, they just want to see movement and color, maybe size. The only other reason to pay a lot of money for a fish is personal fondness that makes it personally worth it, and no-one else can tell you how much your personal fondness is worth.

Soo true. I love some of my cheaper fish than the more highe in price :D

I have seen these in my lfs and they were about £10 each, They were very pretty. I am someone who thinks if you like something enough then it's worth paying the extra for them :)

Back
Top Bottom