Is my 30g fully stocked or can I add more fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trevortins

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Currently I have
1 pearl gourami
1 angelfish
1 krebensis
2 kuhli loach
5 serape tetras.

I would like to add more fish but am not sure if I have any room left if I do how many more fish could I add and what are some recommendations

Ok so I ran your aquarium size and current stock through the AqAdvisor website. I will put the link down below (its super long). Please keep in mind that the info this website generates is not necessarily 100% accurate by any means, but we can use it as a starting point.

Not sure what you're running as a filter, but I put in an AquaClear 30 hang-on-back to give a baseline. You can modify your filter on the website and add a second one if you happen to have two.

According to AqAdvisor, your current stocking level is 77%, which means you might technically have a bit more room. But, the site did pop up a couple of warnings with the info you gave:

Warning: Serpae Tetra will likely to fin nip Angelfish.
Warning: At least 5 x Kuhli Loach are recommended in a group.
Warning: You should add more aquarium filtration capacity. (again, assuming you just have a standard HOB filter)

Personally, the only thing I would add would be a few more Kuhli loaches and I would beef up the filtration. However, you may be able to add a few more fish if you increase your water change schedule. Good luck!

Definitely check out the website at this link: https://aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php...qSpeciesWindowSize=short&AqSearchMode=simple&

Back
Top Bottom