Is my 90 gallon stock ok ?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is this an Ok stock for my 90 gallon??

2 angelfish
5 melon/panda barbs
5 giant danios
3 denison barbs
1 albino bristle nose pleco
1 kribensis
1 siamese algae Eater
1 amano shrimp
3 assassin snails
10 rummy nose tetras

Would this be considered under or overstocked??? Filtration is an aquaclear 30, aquaclear 50, and a sunsun 302 canister filter.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That Amano shrimp doesn't stand a ice cubes chance in a microwave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The denison barbs will grow too large for a 90, and any schooling fish should be kept in larger groups than 3. Giant danios would also like more space, not so much overstocked but not much room for such active fish to move around.
Assassin snails are great if you already have a large population of other snails in the tank.
Filtration looks a bit odd, I use a single aquaclear 110 and an air-driven sponge filter in my 90's.

The denison barbs will grow too large for a 90, and any schooling fish should be kept in larger groups than 3. Giant danios would also like more space, not so much overstocked but not much room for such active fish to move around.
Assassin snails are great if you already have a large population of other snails in the tank.
Filtration looks a bit odd, I use a single aquaclear 110 and an air-driven sponge filter in my 90's.

Denison barbs and giant danios only get 4-6 inches long!!! My filtration is like that bc I'm taking my filters from my 29 &30 gallon for my 90 gallon. I'm getting rid of the 30 & 29 and transferring everything from them. As for the assassin snails I have a lot of pond snails in my 30 that will be moved to the 90 also.

That Amano shrimp doesn't stand a ice cubes chance in a microwave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea I figured I'd be taking a chance with the amano shrimp but it's a big adult amano. So hopefully it will be ok. As of now I have it in my 29 with the 5 panda barbs that will be moved to the 90 too.

I read somewhere that active stream or river species like giant danios and denison barbs should have a tank at least 10x their length to move around in, bigger is better. Granted, they're not bala sharks, but they're not slow-moving or sedentary pond fish either. A 90 gallon is a decent size tank for most aquarium fish, but I'd put them in my 125 or 220. Silver dollars also grow to about 6", but a school of them in a 90 would be a bit crowded.

Siamese algae eaters are horrible communiy fish that have a bad habit of growing up and killing fish as well as sucking out their eyes.

Siamese algae eaters are horrible communiy fish that have a bad habit of growing up and killing fish as well as sucking out their eyes.

I think that your thinking of the Chinese algae eaters. They are often confused with the siamese algae Eaters.

I think that your thinking of the Chinese algae eaters. They are often confused with the siamese algae Eaters.

You are absolutely correct. The results of posting when I'm tired :)

Just an update.
This is what I have so far in my 90 gallon:
1 angelfish
1 albino bn pleco
1 kribensis
1 siamese algae Eater
1 platy
1 amano shrimp
7 melon barbs or panda barbs
9 pristella tetras
12 rummynose tetras

I would like to add 3 more angelfish to this stock!!! Would that be ok??

The angelfish I have in there now is about 7 months old. So it has some size to it.
Would it be ok to add 3 quarter sized angels to this tank????

I think Siamese algae eaters like to have more of there kind around

Fishobsessed7

Back
Top Bottom