Is my bristle nose pleco lazy or adjusting?
The first BNP I got months ago was a male, and eventually had to be removed because he turned aggressive. When I got him, the algae was gone pretty much overnight. After removing him, I noticed a return in diatoms. After trying to reduce the lighting, reduce the liquid fertilizer added, and the feeding schedule, I decided to add another. This time it was a female, and she cleaned the tank spotless in 2 days. I lost her when I added a blue acara that I later found out was part of a shipment that every fish had ich.
The other day I went out and got another one. This one is a female again, although close to 3 inches. She initially was roaming around, and then eventually stuck to the driftwood as all my others have. Few hours later the rocks were 95% brown algae free.
It's been 3 days since I got her, and she's yet to touch the leaves.