Is my hatchetfish school large enough.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know hachet fish prefer being in larger groups. When I went to petsmart the other day they only had six so I bought them all should I buy two more when they are in stock again to make their school larger or is 6 enough?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397935207.534243.jpg

The larger the school the safer they feel but 6 is the min. I went to petsmart about the 4 they had left and one till jumped ,ugh. So now to go back, you might want to make a lid for it. Egg crate works

The larger the school the safer they feel but 6 is the min. I went to petsmart about the 4 they had left and one till jumped ,ugh. So now to go back, you might want to make a lid for it. Egg crate works

The tank actually has a lid.

I only have 4 hatchet fish , I was given one last year and went straight to the pet shop and bought the only 3 they had ... And they have not had any in since ! I keep a look out when I'm in the area , they are such funny little fish :)

Back
Top Bottom