Is my molly Fat or Special needs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BOATS

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I got a molly from Petco last week and i realy dont know whats wrong with it. when i found it at the store he/she was on bottom in my tank the fat little fish cant get the the bottom and stays up top he swims in a vary small area never leaving his area about the area of a coffee cup and it is in a 30 gal tank. can any one tell me if its a male, female and is it just Special needs? is it suffering?

http://youtu.be/cFU1RoR0j48

Can you post a picture? We need to see it to be sure about the answers to any of your questions. It sounds like your Molly has bloat. Try feeding peas for a few days and see if the issue clears up.

is there any reason i cant see my posts? no do i assume any one can or could can you see this?

That Molly doesn't look healthy at all. For starters it's fins look torn up and I think I can see a bit of white fungus growing on its fins. It's overall body looks thin and rough. I would get it in a QT tank ASAP the fungus could infect your other fish. I would dose the QT tank with some fungus medication.

Ya the other fish have not been kind to Dustin.

P.S. thanks for seeing my post i was lost for some time.

All the more reason to move that molly into a QT tank. If you don't I would be surprised if it survives much longer.

Back
Top Bottom