Is my Molly pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexandraDanielle21

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys. I recently purchased little Melonee and her friend from a pet store. I am wondering whether or not she is pregnant, or if she is just a little fat. I know that balloon belly mollies have large, pronounced chests, but she is noticeably larger than my other male. Is this because they are opposite genders, or is she pregnant? Or just a little big? Thanks for any help :)

Attachments

• image-3632838895.jpg
    image-3632838895.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 55
  • image-608541931.jpg
    image-608541931.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 50
I believe you have 2 different kinds. The one is a Bubble Belly/Balloon Molly, and the other is a regular Molly. Not a pro, but I don't think it's a pregnancy.

Thanks. And the other fish in the picture is a Mickey Mouse platy, the other balloon belly wouldn't stay on the frame. :) Not the most photogenic

Also, I hate to break it to you, but they are probably both males. You can do a google search to check for yourself to be sure though.

I understand about the photos. Felt like a dork trying to take pics of mine. They never turn out ): lol

Back
Top Bottom