Is My pH Ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyWater2525

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi!

I've finally decided on the stock for my 20gH tank! This includes harlequin rasboras, black skirt tetras, and dwarf corydoras.
As I was researching some of these, I did a quick pH check. I realized that according to the websites I've been reading, these species like their pH between 6.5-7.0, but my pH is 7.3......:eek:

My question is-
Will the fish be ok with my pH? Will it affect their health????? Is there anything else I need to know????
This is my first community tank, and I'm worried that I might mess things up!!!:hide:

Thanks!!!!:thanks:

It will be fine. Most fish just need stable pH. 7.3 is good for 90% of community fish. As long it dont move around.

You may also want to check your GH/KH. These values have a lot to do with your steady state pH. I would not recommend using a pH down product, instead look for something like seachem Alkaline or Acid buffer depending on which direction you want to adjust your pH

Your 7.3 pH is about perfect. Many people in here would kill for natural 7.3 pH water. If your KH is at least 4 dKH then you shouldn't have pH swing issues. Don't mess up a good thing. You're lucky. OS.

Your pH is fine and don't add any buffers or chemicals to lower or raise pH, you need stability rather than imbalance when it comes to pH, 7.3 is fine.

If your filter has been established or "cycled" you're good to go.

Back
Top Bottom