Is my pleco too big?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clogterman08

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys! I have a pleco that is 9 inches. Ive had him for about 6 months and he's grown about an inch a month. Im worried that he may be too big for my tank because he cant really hide anymore so he's very active all day and he's started to get holes in his fins. I will admit i got busy and my fish tank suffered for the past two weeks but now its running back in tip top shape. So im wondering if 1. He is too big for my tank? And 2. How can i heal his poor fins? Thanks for the help!

Its a 37 gallon tank. Its 30" L x 12" W x 22.5" H

Its actually the tank in my profile photo

Yea everyone at every pet store keeps telling me he's fine but i felt like i needed to talk to some professionals :) i knew he was a common pleco but i just didnt want to remove him if i didnt have to because he's my favorite. Do you think i could fit a few dwarf and albino plecos in there or no? I currently will only have an albino cory and two julii cory's as bottom feeders once he's gone.

Yea everyone at every pet store keeps telling me he's fine but i felt like i needed to talk to some professionals :) i knew he was a common pleco but i just didnt want to remove him if i didnt have to because he's my favorite. Do you think i could fit a few dwarf and albino plecos in there or no? I currently will only have an albino cory and two julii cory's as bottom feeders once he's gone.

you could maybe get away with two bristlenose if they are both females or a bristlenose and a clown pleco, or a bulldog pleco.

Here's a List of good plecos for your tank

Golden nugget
Green phantom
Rio negro pleco
Bn pleco
Bulldog AKA rubber lip pleco
Clown pleco
And if you have 500 bucks laying around, a zebra pleco

Back
Top Bottom