Is my tank fully stocked and are my fish compatible long term?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

limabeancross

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My aquarium is 180L, and I've got the following fish:

2 x angel fish (one male one female)
2 x snakeskin gourami (one male one female)
9 x dalmation mollies
6 x black widow tetras
1 x BN pleco
2 x albino corydoras
2 x peppered corydoras
2 x penguin tetra
3 x neon tetra

The last two are being re-homed at my mum's this week as they don't fit in with the other fish and the neons could be at risk I believe

Just wondered if the tank is overstocked, could take more, if any of the above are incompatible long term etc.

My tank has an air pump and a good external filter. If there was enough room for anymore, I was hoping to find something nice and colourful, any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

180 liters is about 47 or 48 gallons, right? What are the tank measurements? What filtration are you using exactly (brand and number)? More specific information is really helpful.

Snakeskin gourami can get almost a foot long so unless that tank is at least 4 feet long, that fish will get too big for it. I think they are peaceful enough to go with anything that won't fit in their mouth (neons would be fair game for them and the angelfish). Black Widow (AKA Black Skirt) tetra can be very nippy and I would be hesitant to put them in with angels and gouramis. Everybody else should be compatible, but might be crowded.

The angels can grow up to 10" or 12" vertically. Which means you'd need a tall tank. They won't be bothered by the gourami. None of this is an immediate concern, but a couple of these will grow up and you'll probably be overstocked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I agree with a lot of what artist said. The gouramis will get too large for this tank, it would be a good idea to rehome them. Also, mollies can get relatively large and they are very messy. You probably want to really downsize the group or eliminate them altogether. They also can be fairly nippy, so they might not be the best tankmates for angels. Black widow tetras love to nip fins as well, so they are probably not compatible with angels either. If you do all that, you could probably increase the schools of penguin and neon tetras - although keep an eye out, fully grown angels could possibly eat the neons. You could also increase the amount of corys, too.

It definitely is a lot to take care of, but it is in the best interest of the fish to take care of it now before things really start to get crowded.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom