Is my tank overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelseytingler

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon with 400 gallons per hour HOB filtration. I have 2 blood parrot cichlids, young, 2-3in, one blue gourami, 2-3in, 6 Odessa barbs. All I want to add is a unique pleco, one that doesn't get over 5inches. If I have room I would add another random loner like my gourami. If I should add more filtration please give suggestions, I was looking into it as a possibility. Also, recommend a pleco if you can think of one that would work well. Thanks in advance for any advice!

I personally think you would be fine to add a single pleco without being overstocked.
I'd look into bristle/bushynoses, most don't get over 5" and they have a lot of different varieties. I. Love my calico common bristlenoses. There's also some pretty cool dwarfs that get to around 3.5" like the peckolta, just something that you'll have to research yourself I think, there are tons of cool plecos.

You could add a pleco if you'd like..I don't think that would be a problem. There are a few smaller ones like a rubber lip or BN you could look into..lot of the cooler ones get bigger.

Back
Top Bottom