is my tank overstocked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hopps

Aquarium Advice Newbie
1 angelfish and 1 dwarf gourami with 6 neon tetras and 2 albino cory catfish to much for a 29 gallon tank?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 41
No. You could add some more fish depending on what it was you wanted to add. Some more neons and corys are certainly doable.

I think you're okay right now. You could probably add a few more of the smaller fish, but I wouldn't add anymore angels or dwarf gouramis. I'd recommend adding more live plants like moss balls or java ferns to help suck ammonia up! Even if your tank is stable, always good to have something extra to fall back on. Hope this helps. :)

29 is a bit small for an adult male angelfish.

I think a 29 for a single angelfish is acceptable, although not great. The real problem is when the angelfish grows out and decides he doesn't like his tank mates anymore. I have a 29 with a female Angelfish by herself because she does not like any company.

She is very aggressive and even killed a mystery snail that was in the tank. She spends her days attacking the air bubbles and occasionally laying her eggs and eating them. I don't think she's unhappy or cramped, although I may upgrade her to a 37 since it will fit on the same stand and be a lot deeper.

I explicitly said a male which can be 2 inches larger than a female; though in general the females tend to be more aggressive.

I think a 29 for a single angelfish is acceptable, although not great. The real problem is when the angelfish grows out and decides he doesn't like his tank mates anymore. I have a 29 with a female Angelfish by herself because she does not like any company.

She is very aggressive and even killed a mystery snail that was in the tank. She spends her days attacking the air bubbles and occasionally laying her eggs and eating them. I don't think she's unhappy or cramped, although I may upgrade her to a 37 since it will fit on the same stand and be a lot deeper.

Back
Top Bottom