is pine-sol good for them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

browning1359

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my so called wifr thought it would be ok to put pine sol and other cleaning products in my bucket i use for waterchanges, do you think I need a new bucket or can i clean my old one with something and still use it

You could probably bleach it and be fine but I would just buy another 5 dollar bucket and label it "For FISH ONLY... TOUCH AND DIE" then take a chance.

Lol will do first thing in the morning... I showed my wife your posts and she said what the **** there only fish they ain't going to die, I stated to laugh and called her crazy they are just like your dogs but there my pets, (since I'm allergic to cats and dogs)

+1 for getting a new bucket!

Your wife (and you!) should also be warned that spraying any cleaning chemicals around/near your tanks is also a BIG mistake. That includes air fresheners, windex, dusting products, etc.

Even a tiny mist of Windex will do some serious damage...

ouch. definitely not a good idea. be super careful. You may want to run some carbon and do a few water changes over the next few days to be pro-actively precautionary (that sounds weird...)

I second that on no chemicals near the fish tank. Anything floating in the air will enter the water. NOT good for fish. If you need to clean the glass on your tank, you should use a little white vinegar on a cleaning rag. Pour it on the rag away from the tank, don't spray it near the tank. Vinegar isn't all that dangerous, but why mess with your pH if you don't need to.

You should also be careful that if you have a hang on back filter that the chemicals can settle in the vents killing bacteria and fish. Mist can linger for quite some time.

Back
Top Bottom