Is she ever going ti have these babies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruna75

Aquarium Advice Activist
My platy has been pregnant since before labor day:/ does she look like she is ready? I have never had a pregnant fish so this is all new to me. I have looked at a lot of pics online but to me she looked like she was ready to pop 2 weeks ago:/

Oops sorry I forgot the pic :O

Attachments

• image-3232557348.jpg
    image-3232557348.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 84
Well she started having the fry about 20 min ago!! I only seen 3 pop out that got eaten right away and my son was horrified so I got her out into a bucket with water from the tank and a plant floating on top and now she isn't having anymore:( I think I scared her too much. But how long should I wait until I put her back in the tank I don't know how long she is safe in the bucket. She has been on there for 15 min now:/

The move could have stopped her for good or it may just have delayed her my Molly did that and didn't have anymore for an hr. sadly hers were all born dead tho it could have been from me moving her during labor but I panicked and did it to try and save the babies.

She just had 2 more and I got them out of the bucket with a baster!!!

Since I got 2 out I am just ganna leave her alone for about 20 more minutes and then return her to the main tank. My son is so excited! We have been waiting for tees babies for what seems like forever!! Lol!

Well the plan was to move all the fish to my 75 that is just about cycled and leave her in there till she had them but well that didn't happen so I am going to change the water in the 75 and if I can get the ammo and nitrate back down to 0 I am going to throw the filter from the 20 and move the platy there and put TE babies in the 20 and I hope there is enough bb on the surface to keep that tank or at least help it cycle quickly. If that sounds like it will work let me know or I will keep them in A bowl with some gravel fro the cycled 20 and an airpump until the 75 is ready. I hope I didn't confuse you too much. Lol I am a bit excited about the babies if you can't tell:)

The 75 was seeded with media and stuff from the 20 already and was moving along good but I read if I put the filter from the tank my fish is I now it would be a insta cycle and will be able to keep up with the current fish. I don't know if that is true though so any input would be greatly appreciated:)

Two I got out already but I just seen another one in there!!!

Attachments

• image-2475872845.jpg
    image-2475872845.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 64
Cute. Not sure about your tank plan and what would work but I know you don't want the babies with the adult fish and I wouldn't put gravel in with the babies they can get burried in it.

Well I can go get a net thingy and float the babies in the tank then;) and then hopefully when the 75 is ready they will be big enough to not get hurt by the gravel:)

Oh and I see 3 more on the plant in the bucket!!

Ya the nets are fine. I don't like leaving them in the nets longer then a week or 2 but it should work til you get everything sorted out I imagine.

Thanks for your input:) as you can tell I am new to all this:)

I did have a 5 gallon nursery tank cycling with but my son always feels bad for the bettas when we go to the pet store and when I decided to get the 75 I told him the 5 gallon could be for a betta when it was cycled. It was cycled last week and he got his betta so I wasn't totally unprepared I just changed it up a bit hoping the new tank would cycle quickly. But I will make do I can't wait to watch these babies grow up:)

Back
Top Bottom