Is that possible? (I killed my Guppies, but I didn't want to...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senemedar

Aquarium Advice Freak
The story is long and I don't want to bore you with it (unless you want to hear it...) but to cut it to chase:
a) I changed the filter - from Korall 60 to Fluval 3 plus
b) I packed the Fluval with the old medias so tight, that it almost blocked the flow of water... and I failed to see that until it was too late.
c) Three of my Guppies died, another four ended up with their tails half-eaten

As soon as I noticed the Guppies behaving strangely (yesterday) I went to LPS to check the water, and it turns out all the values were in the middle-ish:
Nitrite was about 0.2-0.3 mg/l
Nitrate was about 4-5 mg/l
Ammonia was between 1-2 mg/l
Apart from pH, which was all OK.
I've done a water change as soon as I got home, and another one today. Later this evening I bought a tests for myself (liquid ones, not the stripes).
After doing the tests there was no Ammonia, and no Nitrate, and Nitrite was between 0-0.1 mg/l.
Is that even possible in one day?
I mean I got the filter working properly and done a big water change (about 40% yesterday and 25% today), but still doesn't look probable to me. I check the numbers tomorrow again, but I keep thinking I'm doing something wrong.

Oh, and my Dwarf Gurami doesn't seems to be himself as well. I'd be very unhappy, if he dies... Very, very unhappy...

Back
Top Bottom