Is there a growth problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silverdollar101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi my name is ashton, im 14 and my question is i have two bala sharks and some silver dollar fish in a fifty five gallon aquarium, ive had them for a while the bala's are about 3-4 inches and tghe silverdollar are about3 inches i was wondering why has there growth slowed or almost stopped or what would it take to help them continue growing. All your help will be appreaciated.

Well my nitrate levels are fine and how often should you really do a water change?

The nitrate levels are betwwen 40 and 80 on the test strip, what should i do with that?

Nitrate levels are on the high side.

Start doing at least a 25% water change every week or you could do a slightly bigger change every other week. (but a smaller change more often is better for the fish as the changes in pollutants in the water will be less drastic and not reach as high of a level).

i feed them tropical flakes two times a day with some shrimp pellets ocasionally and algea wafers once a day.

Back
Top Bottom